Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 1: The Drama

The first day of Keeping the Grands is over. And what a day it was!

Goodbye, Dean and Grace! They were GIDDY going out the door. Can I blame them? I'M gonna be giddy going out the door Saturday, I foresee!

Church. Went to First Baptist of Allen, where Hal Brunson is pastor. Ten miles takes a half hour to travel here. Now I know. THE HOUSES! Wow. Got there late, as the turnoff was WAY up, and I thought I'd missed it and turned around. Abby decided to show her Abbiness, and I pulled her out from under the pew, etc. pretty much the whole time. Ian and Sarah were great! I felt sorry for the brother in front of me. The preaching was excellent. He's a little quieter than Brother Audey. :) Preached from Leviticus 16:20-22, The Hand of a Fit Man, on the high priest and the scapegoat. I learned a lot, and grew in thankfulness for such a Sacrifice as we have in our Lord. The singing was beautiful; kinda subdued, which was interesting. They have lunch afterwards, then another meeting at 1:30. Love that schedule, and would've stayed, except for Miss Abs. 

The evening. Abby and Dash, the dog (a beautiful HYPER miniature Italian greyhound) decided to exercise their bowels in incorrect places. I'll spare you the details, but it will go down in history as the Poo-Fest. At one point we [Deana, Dean's sister] just laughed.

The fire truck. I looked outside, and there it is in all its splendor! Looked around, no smoke. There was a grass fire down the road, so they needed to fill up the truck at the fire hydrant in front of the house. The kids were overjoyed, and I would've been, too, but we went upstairs to see if we could see the fire from the balcony, and bumped into Dash's "deposit" at the door. (Have you ever heard me growl?)

The TV. It croaked. Dean has the LATEST everything--beautiful big flatscreen on the wall. It got stuck on one station, couldn't change the volume or the channel. At least that channel was HGTV. Fun. Deana and I messed with it, reset it from the closet (so THAT'S where the wires are!), etc. Nothing. We eventually got the gray screen. BUT, after I messed with it some more, I called Deana in to see my achievement--a black screen with a big red X on it! She laughed until she cried. I like that girl.

The MORNING. I mean early morning. 4:30: Emmie, I [got sick in my bed]. Here comes little Sarah. No school today for her. After Abs comes in 10 minutes later and I send her back off to bed, I say, Well, time to get myself up to read. But Dash wants to sit on my bible and make himself comfortable (he is such a snuggly dog--gag). Then I suffer guilt, knowing that I'll probably have to take him to the vet for medication because he's suffering from separation anxiety (Mike actually knew of a dog like this!), so I pat him on the head. That'll have to do, Dog. And I growled again, and Dash went and got his toy that he thrashes around like a MAD DOG (as in rabid), and wants me to play fetch.  Don't tell anyone I'm not a big dog fan, especially of little hyper ones. BUT I did manage to do my reading. Thus begins Day 2. Pray for me.


Misty said...

WOW what a day! Hope today will be better for you:) And I am sure I topped things off by e mailing all day about the ticket of when you can come watch our babies:)

sarahdodson said...

Fun, fun, fun!! :) You're a champ; it anyone can do it, you can! Love you lots. Keep us updated on your good times in McKinney.


sarahdodson said...

IF anyone can do it...

Heather said...

WOW. What is going to happen next? Hope things get easier!