Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow, beautiful snow!


Obviously, I didn't get to go to McKinney (sorry, Ledbetters! You are so missed!), but I do have beautiful, beautiful snow outside! What do I think of when I see snow? "...Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow...." Seeing a beautiful bright red cardinal outside contrasted against the snow really enforces the image in my mind. I'm trying to upload a snow pic from my kitchen window (the only time I've been glad for no screen there!). What a glorious day!
I was talking to the cashier at Wal-Mart, and I asked him to please check a price for me. He went on and on about the word, "please," and how wonderful it is to hear. At the end of the conversation, he called it "the most beautiful word." I couldn't leave that alone, so I said, "One of the most beautiful words is FORGIVEN." He agreed, and spoke about how some people's religion is a sham, and I said, "Yes, but for some it is their foundation."
Maybe I'll get to talk to him again. Nice guy.

3 comments:

Linda said...

It looks beautiful Vivi. We just have ice - and I'm getting a wee bit tired of it. Our poor trees are bent low under the weight of it. Thankfully it doesn't happen often. I do like your snow though.
That was a wonderful conversation. I wish I could think that fast on my feet.

Grace said...

what a beautiful picture. i hate it. just kidding. i just wish it was a sunny 75 degrees so that you could be here right now. i miss you guys so much and this wishy washy thing is getting to me. hope to see you next week maybe. love you.

Christy said...

Yay for snow!!!!!!! Sorry you didn't get to go be with the Ledbetters, though. Nuts.

I'm back home safe and sound.. sorry for worrying everyone. It took FOREVER to get to my appt. today, but the Lord was kind and I'm home safely. Here's hoping for another 10 a.m. start tomorrow...

Love you!